While the need for mobility of people and goods keeps growing, the capacity is getting scarcer by the minute. Building new infrastructure is not a durable or cost-effective solution, but then what is? The solution is Total Traffic Management.
Be-Mobile, headquartered in Ghent, pioneers in Smart Mobility Solutions on an international level. We offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows in order to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistics companies all around the world in control of their mobility processes.
In order to keep track with this evolution towards Total Traffic Management, Be-Mobile is looking for a talented and bright Algorithms Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Connecting vehicles throughout their journey will be your primary mission
- Frequent brainstorming with the team on how to accommodate specific feature requests into our Core Platform
- You will translate and implement designed features into high-quality micro-service oriented Golang code
- You take charge in checking and testing your own work (and reviewing that of others) to ensure high quality architectures
- You can research and develop creative solutions to practical day-to-day problems
- Documenting these new solutions so others can easily integrate them in their own projects
- Your focus will be on three different mobility domains: Routing, Digital Map Processing and Floating Car Data
- You will use our big data to its fullest potential and as an asset for innovation
As an algorithms engineer, your most important asset is your mind. You have a problem solving algorithmic attitude to find creative solutions and you are not afraid to step up and get things done. Additionally, we are looking for the following skillset:
- You have experience with Java
- As we use Golang throughout most of our technology stack, eagerness to learn this language is paramount
- Experience with graph theory, plateau planning and related algorithms such as Dijkstra’s SPF and A* is seen as a plus
- You are able to research academical principles and shape them into a practical usable context
- You can autonomously interpret and translate functional requirements into architectural solutions
- You can design, transform and apply algorithms into (Golang) code
- You have a critical attitude towards the quality of your solutions, and pro-actively assume ownership
- You are willing to work with state-of-the-art technological frameworks such as Kubernetes and Kafka
- You use the right tool for the job and can use all kinds of supporting software e.g. GIT, Jira, Docker, CI/CD, …
The skills that make a great Algorithms Engineer in our team are:
- You have a positive attitude and appreciate a good, fun working environment
- You can first make it work, then make it better
- You are a team player who loves to share knowledge and experience
- You like to solve hard issues with a right balance between an analytical and pragmatic approach
- You are passionate about (smart) mobility, and are eager to address the traffic challenges we face today
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast growing tech company we indulge cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback. Our young, trustworthy and passionate team players are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.
If you recognize yourself in this role and if you're eager to revolutionize traffic together, we are happy to hear from you!