Backend Developer - C-ITS
As a backend developer of our C-ITS team (Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems), you co-develop our platform which is currently providing traffic information to over 1.5 million mobile devices. C-ITS allows vehicles to communicate real-time with other vehicles, traffic signals and roadside infrastructure and provides as such personal advice to end users regarding dynamic speed limits, time to green, approaching ambulances etc. This revolutionary technology is written in Golang and Vue.js and follows Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards. As a passionate backend developer, your main responsibilities include:
- Making a functional analysis of components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs.
- Research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build our Smart Mobility Solutions.
- Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
- Work independently but also agile in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current and new technologies.
You are familiar with cutting edge technologies and up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new full stack technologies. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technologies!
We are looking for the following skillset:
- You have hands-on experience and good knowledge of common languages such as .NET, Java, Python and/or Scala.
- As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, experience is seen as a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and GIT is important.
- Experienced with, or strongly interested in Micro service architecture
- You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, protobuf/ flatbuffers, elasticsearch and/or Kafka.
- Knowledge of protocols such as REST and websockets are a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- Team players who share their knowledge and experience flourish in the C-ITS team.
- You are a pragmatic problem solvers and a goalgetter.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!