Be-Mobile is a European market leader in smart mobility solutions, headquartered in Ghent. We develop and sell technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control over their mobility processes.
To strengthen our team, Be-Mobile is looking for a backend developer who is interested in working in a cutting-edge, socially engaged environment.
You join our product team working autonomously on our Toll Platform. Our tolling capabilities are GPS-based. This avoids expensive infrastructure costs and facilitates the use of a uniform tolling system. One of the biggest players for toll collection - Axxès of the Vinci group - has permission to collect toll, based on our technology. This state-of-the-art technology is written in Golang and Vue.js and follows Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards. As a passionate backend developer, your main responsibilities include:
• Making a functional analysis of components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs.
• Research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build our Smart Mobility Solutions.
• Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
• Work independently but also agile in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and new technologies.
You are familiar with cutting edge technologies and up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new backend technologies. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technologies!
We are looking for the following skillset:
• You have hands-on experience and good knowledge of common languages such as .NET, Java, Python and/or Scala.
• As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, experience is seen as a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and GIT is important.
• Experienced with, or strongly interested in Micro service architecture.
• You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, REDIS and/or Kafka.
• Knowledge of protocols such as REST, gRPC and websockets are a plus.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English.
• Team players who share their knowledge and experience, flourish in the Tolling Team.
• You are a pragmatic problem solvers and a goalgetter.
• You like to solve hard issues with a right balance between an analytical and pragmatic approach.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast growing tech company we indulge cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback. Our young, trustworthy and passionate team players are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.