Be-Mobile is a European market leader in smart mobility solutions, headquartered in Ghent. We develop and sell technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control over their mobility processes.
To strengthen our team, Be-Mobile is looking for a devops engineer who is interested in working in a cutting-edge, socially engaged environment.
As a devops engineer of our Fleet team, you co-develop our Fleet Platform which coordinates today a fleet of more than 100.000 vehicles. Our platform is designed around the central logistic building blocks: smart route planning, traffic information, truck navigation, estimated time of arrival (ETA) and C-ITS (Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems). With our logistics platform we address the needs of a wide array of logistics stakeholders, enabling them to master the management of their logistics. Predict arrival times, forecast the costs and be fully prepared for unexpected circumstances. This revolutionary technology is written in Golang and Vue.js and follows Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards. As a passionate devops engineer, your main responsibilities include:
• Deployment and go-live of all Fleet code within our well established Fleet platform.
• Work together with our infrastructure team, who is responsible for infrastructure provisioning such as data storage, queuing, servers, etc. Specific configurations for Fleet are your responsibility.
• Automating processes and streamline development phases, cause we get itchy by repeatable tasks.
• Setting up clean and comprehensive visualizations. Correct alerts for metrics is needed to maintain a healthy Fleet Platform.
• Supporting to build and maintain our Fleet platform, where we will value your input and research.
• Write micro-services in Golang and work close together with backend developers.
• Making a functional analysis of components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs.
• Research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build our Smart Mobility Solutions.
• Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
• Work independently but also agile in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and new technologies.
You are familiar with cutting edge technologies and up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new devops technologies. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technologies!
We are looking for the following skillset:
• You have hands-on experience and good knowledge of common languages such as .NET, Java, Python and/or Scala.
• As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, experience is seen as a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and GIT is an interesting plus!
• Experienced with, or strongly interested in Micro service architecture.
• You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, protobuf/ flatbuffers, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, REDIS and/or Kafka.
• Knowledge of protocols such as REST, gRPC and websockets are a plus.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English.
• You are creative and innovative and are capable to bring something to good results all by yourself.
• You have a positive attitude and appreciate a good, fun working environment.
• You work precise due to strict SLA requirements.
• You feel responsible for delivering and fixing together.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast growing tech company we indulge cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback. Our young, trustworthy and passionate team players are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.