Field Service Engineer
Be-Mobile is a European market leader in smart mobility solutions, headquartered in Ghent. We develop and sell technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control over their mobility processes.
To strengthen our team that works on advanced traffic management solutions, Be-Mobile is looking for a field service engineer.
As a field service engineer, you’ll make sure that our advanced traffic management solutions are always operational and accurate.
- You will work mainly in the field, setting up the software configuration of our traffic management installation and hardware such as road signs and -displays, parking sensors and -barriers, etc delivered by third parties.
- In close collaboration with our project coordinator, you will work out detailed documentation (including field pictures) accessible for suppliers to set up the hardware as agreed upon with our clients.
- Quality control and troubleshooting on third parties set up of field installations is also your main responsibility and you’ll work independently on these tasks.
- You’ll report on service level to the project coordinator, and continuously improve set up plans and quality control procedures.
The must-haves we are looking for are:
- Able to work independently on hardware installations, setting up configuration and trouble shooting
- Take initiative and think out of the box
- Hands on, with a good sense for quality and details
- Technical background with a strong interest on IT and technology in general
- Team player and solution minded
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
The values that make a great team member are:
- Curious mind: eager to learn how things work and even more how you can fix them
- Pragmatic on the field, accurate when it comes to documentation
- You work well independently but you show a strong team spirit
- You communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers
- Ambition to grow within the company and to bring your skills to the next level
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have the right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast-growing tech company, we indulge in cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback.
Our young, trustworthy and passionate teamplayers are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.