Be-Mobile is a European market leader in smart mobility solutions, headquartered in Ghent. We develop and sell technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control of their mobility processes.
To strengthen our team, Be-Mobile is looking for a Fullstack Developer to develop and manage our running projects in the area of Toll Collection.
Be-Mobile takes the lead when it comes to technological developments in Smart Mobility Solutions. As a Fullstack Developer of our Tolling Platform, you join our product team working autonomously on our Toll Platform. Our tolling capabilities are GPS-based. This avoids expensive infrastructure costs and facilitates the use of a uniform tolling system. One of the biggest players for toll collection - Axxès of the Vinci group - has permission to collect toll, based on our technology. This state-of-the-art technology is written in Golang and Vue.js and follows Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards.
As a passionate fullstack developer, your main responsibilities include:
• Switch between frontend and backend development depending on the current needs.
• Research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build our Smart Mobility Solutions.
• Discuss ideas and solutions with co-workers.
• Work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
• Work independently but also agile in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and new technologies.
You are familiar with cutting-edge technologies and up-to-date with the latest trends and emerging new backend and frontend technologies. Moreover, you’re confident and excited about learning new technologies!
The must-haves we are looking for are:
• Strong interest in working with VueJs, React or Angular.
• As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, experience is seen as a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and GIT is important.
• Experienced with, or strongly interested in Micro service architecture.
• You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, REDIS and/or Kafka.
• Knowledge of protocols such as REST, gRPC and websockets are a plus.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English.
The skills that make a great fullstack developer in our team:
• You are a team player who shares his/her knowledge and experience;
• You are a pragmatic problem solver and goalgetter;
• You like to solve hard issues with a right balance between an analytical and pragmatic approach.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast growing tech company we indulge cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback. Our young, trustworthy and passionate team players are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.
If you recognize yourself in this role and would like to flourish in the Tolling Team, we are happy to hear from you!